Adding a portfolio
Adding a portfolio is easy in Sharesight – simply follow the instructions below.
- We recommend creating a separate portfolio for each tax entity that you wish to manage in Sharesight.
- The Free plan allows for 1 portfolio. If you wish to add more portfolios, you will need to upgrade to a paid plan.
Key topics handles in this section
You can add additional portfolios from the portfolio drop-down menu at the top of the page.
Note: Adding new portfolios is only available on paid plans such as the Investor plan or Expert plan.
Step 1: Select ‘Create New Portfolio’ Step 2: Fill out Portfolio Details
The following portfolio settings are available when you create a new portfolio. You can edit these settings later via the settings tab if you need to.
- Portfolio Name – This is the display name used for the portfolio within Sharesight.
- Tax Residency – This is the tax residency of your portfolio and depending on which country you chose it will decide on the portfolio currency (AUD, USD, etc) and its functionality (for example, Australia has a dedicated CGT Report, other countries have different tax reports).
- Financial Year – Choose the month which marks the end of your financial year. For example choosing June as the financial year means the 1 July to 30 June financial year.
- Performance Calculation Method – This setting determines whether percentage return figures are calculated using the simple method or the compound method.
- Tax Entity Type – Select your tax entity type to apply the appropriate Capital Gains Tax (CGT) discounts when running the CGT Report.
- Select Settings from the top menu in your account.
- Select ‘Alert Settings’.
- Select your email alert preference between the following or select all of them:
- Price alerts are emailed to you if the daily opening share price differs from the closing share price by more than 5%.
- The weekly performance summary is emailed to you once a week to give you an overview of your portfolio without having to log into Sharesight.
- Company alert events are emailed to you when they occur, for example, dividends or share splits.
- Click ‘Save’ to save your settings to your portfolio.
- Login to your Sharesight account
- Go to Account Settings
- Select plans & Billing > Change plan
- Select the Investor or Expert plan
Last modified on April 5, 2017 UTC