Adding a portfolio
Adding a portfolio is easy in Sharesight – simply follow the instructions below.
- We recommend creating a separate portfolio for each tax entity that you wish to manage in Sharesight.
- The Free plan allows for 1 portfolio. If you wish to add more portfolios, you will need to upgrade to a paid plan.
Key topics handles in this section
You can add additional portfolios from the portfolio drop-down menu at the top of the page.
NOTE: adding additional portfolios is only available on paid plans such as the Investor plan or Expert plan.
Step 1: Select ‘Create New Portfolio’
Step 2: Fill out portfolio details
The following portfolio settings are available when creating a new portfolio. You may edit these settings later via the settings tab.
- Portfolio Name – The display name used for the portfolio within Sharesight.
- Tax Residency – The tax residency of your portfolio. Depending on which country you chose, this will determine the portfolio currency (USA = US dollar, etc.) and its functionality (country-specific tax reports, etc.)
- Financial Year – The month which marks the end of your financial year. For example, choosing March as the financial year means a 1 April to 31 March financial year.
- Performance Calculation Method – Determines whether percentage return figures are calculated using the simple method or the compound method.
- Select ‘Settings’ from the top menu in your account.
- Select ‘Alert Settings’.
- Select your email alert preference:
- Price alerts are emailed to you if the daily opening share price differs from the closing share price by more than 5%.
- The weekly performance summary is emailed to you once a week to give you an overview of your portfolio without having to log into Sharesight.
- Company alert events are emailed to you when they occur, for example, dividends or share splits.
- Click ‘Save’ to save your email settings.
- Login to your Sharesight account
- Go to Account Settings
- Select plans & Billing > Change plan
- Select the Investor or Expert plan
Last modified on April 5, 2017 UTC