Sync historical transactions to your Cash Account.Content also available for tax entities or on our global site.
With Sharesight’s new and improved Cash Account feature, you can now elect to have one of your manual Cash Accounts linked to your portfolio as a trading Cash Account (as long as the Cash Account currency matches your portfolio currency)
To enable this feature, go to your “Settings” -> “Details” in your Sharesight portfolio. You have the ability to set the following parameters.
Select the Cash Account to which you want your buy and sell trades to sync with.
Select the Cash Account to which you want the payouts to sync with. In this example, I have selected the same Cash Account to sync both. You can choose to sync them to two separate accounts.
Once both the trades and payout Cash Accounts are selected, click on ‘Save Settings’
After you have linked your Cash Account to a portfolio you can then sync historical transactions from your portfolio automatically by clicking on ‘Manage Synced Trades & Payouts’ when viewing your Cash Account.
You can then choose the date to sync trades from automatically and then click on ‘Sync trades & payouts’. For example, by selecting a date of 06/03/2014, you can get all transactions after that date to sync with the Cash Account.
You can expect to view the cash records in the nominated Cash Account as below:
Cash Account notes
The value of your Cash Account is included when calculating your portfolio’s value, but does not impact the percentage return figure.
You can only use this feature with Sharesight’s built-in Cash Account feature. Due to the way Xero connected cash accounts and Macquarie cash accounts push data into Sharesight automatically, these accounts sync automatically already.
Clicking on a Cash Account transaction that has been created from a synced trade will bring up the trade “edit” form. Cash Account transactions will update automatically when the trade is edited. As these transactions are linked, it is not possible to edit the cash transaction separately from the underlying trade.
- The Cash Account’s currency has to match the currency of your portfolio.
- Updating a linked payout will result in an update to the Cash transaction value.
- Deleting a linked payout will delete the corresponding linked cash transaction.
- If the Payout cash account is the same as the Trade cash account then the ‘Manage Synced Trades’ label on the cash account screen will read ‘Managed Synced Trades & Payouts’.
- If the Payout cash account is the same as the Trade cash account then the ‘Sync all trades’ button on the Manage Synced Trades modal will read ‘Sync all trades & payouts’.
- If the Payout cash account is not the same as the Trade cash account then the existing ‘Manual Synced Trades’ will read ‘Manage Synced Payouts’.
- If the Payout cash account is not the same as the Trade cash account then the ‘Sync all trades’ button on the Manage Synced Trades modal will read ‘Sync all payouts’.
- Deleting the payout cash account should delete all the corresponding cash transactions and remove the link to each payout.
- If a payout has been reinvested then it will not be linked to a cash transaction.
- Net dividend amount for FX payouts will be calculated using the exchange rates at the time of the payout.
Last modified on May 31, 2023 UTC